The Henri Coandă International Airport (OTP/LROP) is located a short distance north of the city and is Romania's busiest airport. Most low-cost airlines fly into nearby Aurel Vlaicu International Airport (BBU), in Băneasa. Numerous airlines serve these airports, from many European destinations.
- Tarom is the national airline with an extensive network. Operates from OTP Airport.
- Carpat Air has its main hub in Timisoara and Bucharest. Operates from OTP Airport.
- BlueAir a low cost airline serving mainly destinations from UK, France, Belgium, Spain, Portugal and Italy. Operates from BBU airport
- Wizz Air low cost airline serving many European destinations. Operates from BBU.
To/from Henri Coandă Airport
- Car: Route DN1 connects the airport with downtown Bucharest. The A3 motorway will connect the airport and the city, when finished. Car rental agencies and taxis are both widely available.
You might be able to get a lower fare taxi if you pick one of the cars that brings passengers to Departures Terminal. To get there you have to go down one level on the escalators from Arrival Terminal main entrance.
The maximum tariffs requested by the authorized carriers:
- distance maximum tariff 3,5 lei / km;
- maximum tariff displayed at the beginning of the drive 3,5 lei;
- “on hold” maximum tariff 35 lei / hour.
- Rail: A direct train service to the main railway station, Gara de Nord, runs from the Airport train station, about 900 metres from the airport. Shuttle buses connect this train station with the departures and arrivals halls and the tickets are valid both for the train and for the transfer bus. The next phase of the airport's expansion aims to locate the train station in the airport itself.
- Bus: The airport is connected by public transport by the RATB system. The 780 route provides express bus service to Gara de Nord railway station in Bucharest and the 783 route provides express bus service to the city centre (about 45 minutes normally and 1h:15 min at peak hours).
Airport stops: In front of the Arrivals Terminal and Departures Terminal
05:30-20:00 (every 15 minutes)
20:30-23:00 (every 30 minute)
Saturday, Sunday and legal holidays
05:30-23:00 (every 30 minute)
Card desk: In front of the Arrivals Terminal. A card ensures two trips and costs 7 ROL (about 1.8 EUR).
To/from Aurel Vlaicu Airport (BBU):
The airport is situated 8 kilometres north of Bucharest city centre and is accessible by RATB buses: - from Roman Square: 131
- from Dorbanti/Herastrau: 335
- from city center (Unirii Square, University Square, Roman Square, Victoria Square) Airport Express 783.
- from North Railstation: 780 Airport Express
- tramway 5 or taxi.
Any attendee can submit a session for consideration. You will need to create an account on this site, register as an attendee, and then submit a session. We will make an announcement once the session proposal will be open.